In a recent data revelation by Google India, there is a tremendous increase in its search engine with the word ‘Best air purifiers in India’. The reason for the same is not hiding to anyone. With the decreasing quality of air in the maximum of Indian cities, the market of air purifiers is suddenly on a boom. Being a relatively new product in the market, most buyers are confused that which air purifier is best suited to their needs. It is very hard to choose the best air purifiers in India with a variety of models and brands available in the Indian market. But don’t worry; I am here with a comprehensive buying guide, after going through which you will be able to choose the best air purifier for your room. But before going through let me tell you the top 9 best air purifiers in India.
|Air Purifier||Coverage Area(Sq Ft)||CADR(cubic meter/Hr)||Warranty||Price|
|Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier||355||303||5 Years||Check Price AT Amazon|
|Havells Freshia AP-40 80-Watt Air Purifier||755||350||2 Years||Check Price at Amazon|
|Dyson WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier||600||400||2 Years||Check Price at Amazon|
|Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier||300||270||2 Years||Check Price At Amazon|
|Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air purifier||441||333||2 years||Check Price At Amazon|
|Airspa Air Purifier With Unique 6 Stage Filtration||270||150||1 Year||Check Price At Amazon|
|Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter||484||380||1 Year||Check Price AT Amazon|
|AviZo A1606 Air Purifier||400||277||1 Year||Check Price At Amazon|
|Carrier Air One Room Air Purifier||760||510||1 Year||Check Price At Amazon|
- 9 best air purifiers in India 2020
- 1. Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier (Best air purifiers in India)
- 2.Havells Freshia (Best air purifiers in India)
- 3. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier(Best air purifiers in India)
- 4. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier (Best air purifiers in India)
- 5. Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air purifier, ideal for master bedroom
- 6.Airspa With Device Tms 16 Hepa Air Purifier With Unique 6 Stage Filtration + Remote Control
- 7. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
- 8. AviZo A1606 Air Purifier with True HEPA filtration
- 9. Carrier Air One Room Air Purifier with 3 Stage Filtration
- Buying Guide(Best air purifiers in India)
9 best air purifiers in India 2020
1. Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier (Best air purifiers in India)
When it comes to air purifier there is no comparison to Coway. Coway air purifiers are manufactured in Korea only and are considered as the number 1 brand in air purifier segments. Let’s have a look at its wonderful features and specification which make this product one of the best air purifiers in India.View at Amazon
Features & specifications
- Coverage Area: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. mtrs. Best for Bed Rooms and Small Offices.
- Air Purifying Method: Green Anti-flu True HEPA Technology
- CADR: 303 cubic m/hr
- Warranty: 5 years on air purifier motor and 1 year on electrical parts
- Power Consumption: 38 Watts.
- Noise level is 22-49 dB which makes its almost a super silent air purifier
- This air purifier is equipped with 3 stage filtering process
1st stage– Pre Filter that cleans larger dust and heavy particles
2nd stage– Carbon Filter that removes bad odor with an efficiency rate of 98%
3rd stage– Multi-Layer HEPA filter that effectively traps PM2.5 particles allowing only clean air
- Air quality indicator indicators indicate the real-time quality of your room air.
- The biggest thing in this purifier is that its HEPA filter and carbon filter are having a life of almost 8500 Hrs whereas pre-filter assembly is life long. So no need to change filter assembly repetitively hence no recurring cost of changing the filter.
- This is equipped with One-Touch AirSpeed Adjustment: button with which you are having four option of air quality level i.e. Clean, Low Pollution, Medium Pollution, and High Pollution
||No specific things to mention|
2.Havells Freshia (Best air purifiers in India)
Havells is considered one of the most reputed brands in electrical appliances. Although Havells product is a little bit costly as compared to other brands when it comes to quality and reliability no one matches Havells. Here also this brand has come up with one of the best air purifiers in India with tremendous features and specifications.View at Amazon
- CADR: 350 m3/hr
- Energy usage: 80 watt
- Coverage area: 755 sq ft/hr (Best for bedrooms)
- Warranty: 2 year
- Purification method – True HEPA Technology,
- The biggest benefit is that this air purifier comes with 5 Stages of Filtration which includes Pre-Filter, Cold-Catalyst, Activated Carbon filtration, Antibacterial filtration, and HEPA filtration.
- Real-time PM 2.5 Display, Front-Cover Open Protection
- 3-Color indications for PPM level at which light changes from 1-50 Green, 51-150 Orange, 151-500 & above Red
- Havells air purifier can filter P.M. 2.5 up to 0.3-micron particles with a removal efficiency of 99.18 percent.
- This Air Purifier has safety controls like Auto mode, Sleep mode, Child lock, Manual Timer Setting, Automatic Filter Replacement reminder and Dust Sensor which helps you to efficiently control and operate the Air Purifier.
- It has been equipped with filter replacement reminder when the filter gets clogged
3. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier(Best air purifiers in India)
If you are living in a metropolitan city or in a very high pollution area then this Dyson product is best for your room health. Let’s have a look at some wonderful features of this product which make it one of the best air purifiers in India.View at Amazon
- Technology used: Air Multiplier Technology
- Power Consumption: 40W
- Sound Level – 42.3 dB
- Warranty- 2 years
- It is been equipped with 10 air-speed settings which include auto mode, night-time mode, sleep timer, and an easy-to-clean aperture with no fast-spinning blades so it is safe for little fingers or paws.
- Small footprint and 360° air-intake allows for easy placement ANYWHERE in the room
- Intelligent Purification which Automatically removes 99.95% of allergens & pollutants as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns)
- It is being engineered to project and circulate purified air across large spaces. Dual functionality with fan feature along with air purification
- One of the best features available in this product is that it is being provided with lower face velocity as compared to other purifiers which along with 360 degrees HEPA filter ensure that pollutants do not release back in the room.
- Another important feature is the Dyson Link app which provides real-time air quality reports and allows you to remotely control your machine from your smartphone.
4. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier (Best air purifiers in India)
In terms of air purifiers, Philips is the number one brand in India as per Eurometer international standard. This air purifier has been provided with a 4 stage filtration process which makes your room atmosphere healthier always. Let’s have a look at its wonderful features which make this product one of the best air purifiers in India.View at Amazon
CADR: 270 m³/h
Filtration: 4 Stage
Room area: 226-333 sq ft.
Power: 50 W
Sound level: 33 dB
Warranty: 2 years
- This product is equipped with 4 stage filtration process in which HEPA Filter is assisted with the extra thick NanoProtect HEPA for superior purification efficiency and lifetime against airborne particles.
- Vitashield IPS with its aerodynamic design can filter vary small particles as small as 0.02um.
- The healthy air protects alert lets you know promptly when it is time to replace the filter.
- Child lock prevents unintended changes in settings.
- The color ring on the dashboard provides a clear view of air quality by 4-step color, ranging from blue (good allergen) to red (bad allergen).
- The smart air sensor can detect PM2.5 levels and boost the air purifier’s speed to deal with the pollution.
- Removes 99.99% pollen and house dust mites, Allergy-friendly quality tested by ECARF
5. Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air purifier, ideal for master bedroom
This Philips Air Purifier comes with 3automatic purification settings: a General mode, an extra-sensitive Allergen mode, and an extra-powerful bacteria and virus mode. This is an ideal air purifier for the master bedroom. Let’s have a glance at some of its special features which make this one of the best air purifiers in India.View at Amazon
- Technology: Vitashield IPS technology
- Warranty: 2 years
- Sound level: 20 dB
- CADR: 333 m3/hr
- Coverage area: 441 sq. ft, suitable for bedroom/living room
- Energy: 60 watts
- Ideal for medium to large rooms such as your living room
- Noise level is very low at sleep Mode (20.5dba)
- It has been equipped with Smart light control which adjusts the light to suit your preference
- Vita Shield technology naturally purifies UFP as small as 0.02microns
- Aerodynamic architecture boosts efficient airflow
- 3 smart pre-settings for different airborne pollutants
- Provided with Aera Sense Technology measure the real-time PM 2.5 and display
6.Airspa With Device Tms 16 Hepa Air Purifier With Unique 6 Stage Filtration + Remote Control
In the air purifier segment Airspa is comparatively new entrants in the market. AIRSPA brand was established in 2015. But within a short period, this brand has produced some of the best products in the market. This air purifier has been provided with 6 stage filtration process and some unique features which make it one of the best air purifiers in India.View at Amazon
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 150m³/cm
- Coverage Area: 270 sq ft
- Noise: 18 dB
- Control operation: Panel buttons + Remote Control
- Power Consumption: 40W
- It has been provided with 6 stage filtration process which are Pre Filter, Cold Catalyst Filter Activated Carbon Filter Anti-microbial Filter &HEPA Filter
- Ultraviolet light works independently from the other filters to neutralize micro-organisms.
- This is having negative ionizer which creates negative ions that are then discharged into the air. These ions continuously clean your room by bonding with dust particles, bacteria, cigarette smoke, etc.
- Remote Controlled.Sleep Mode .Wind Speed Adjustment .Timer Mode.
- Digital Display With Control Buttons
Mi Air Purifier 3 comes with an ultra-clear OLED display with touch control and can also be controlled via an app . This air purifier is quiet and energy-efficient.View at Amazon
- CADR : 380 m3/h
- coverage area: 484 sqft
- Warranty: 1 year
- Power: 38 watts
- If you are sensitive to noise, a night mode is available that throttles the fan down just to keep the air flowing.
- You can control this air purifier from the smart app with your mobile. While pairing this product and your mobile ensure that both these devices should be close to the Router.
- True HEPA Filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- OLED touch Display (Shows real-time PM2.5 concentration, Temperature and humidity, Wi-Fi connection and Working mode)
- It also works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- It is being equipped with 360 Degree Air intake with 3 Layer Filtration which filters the air evenly in the entire room
8. AviZo A1606 Air Purifier with True HEPA filtration
AviZo is a prominent name in air purifiers. This air purifier not only effectively clean air of small office room but also handy for the master bedroom or drawing rooms.View at Amazon
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 277m3/h
- Coverage area: 400 sq ft
- Warranty: 1 year
- Technology: True HEPA technology
- It is being equipped with highly accurate PM sensor which detects up to 0.3um and has a digital display which gives you an indication of air quality index at real-time
- With the help of a timer, you can set the operation time of air purifier for as many hours as you wish in a day.
- With auto mode, this purifier automatically select the purification speed as per pollution level in the room
- It is very easy to transfer this air purifier from one room to another as per your convenience
- High-quality body
- It perfectly filtrates PM2.5 & kills harmful microbes in the air with 3 stages True HEPA purification technology and fiber membrane
9. Carrier Air One Room Air Purifier with 3 Stage Filtration
Carrier is the most reputed company in the world in the home appliances department. This company is known for the robust design of their products. This particular product is specially made for a large living- in area or room.View at Amazon
Coverage area: 760 Sq ft
Warranty: 1 Year
Energy: 62 Watt
- This purifier has been provided with PM2.5 display and color indicator to keep you up to date with quality of Air
- It is being provided with 3 stage filtration process with Pre-filter, HEPA H11 filter, and activated carbon filter
- It is being equipped with 4 fan speed to adjust the airflow
- Auto mode is being provided to adjust the speed of airflow depending on Air Quality
- To make your night smooth, Sleep mode is being provided for lower sound operations & Filter replacement reminder
- DC motor with Noise level LOW – 25dB(A) , MIDDLE – 35dB(A) , HIGH 58dB(A)
Buying Guide(Best air purifiers in India)
Why buy an air purifier
Air pollution has become one of the biggest problems worldwide from the last 3-4 decades. In India, this has become the biggest health issue. As per data released by WHO last year at least 190 million peoples in India breathe air that is 10 times or over more polluted than the WHO safe limit. In a recent report published in Jan 2020 out of the top 10 pollutants, cities in world nine are from India alone.
When we talk about air pollution we usually talk about outside air pollution from industries, traffic and other types of pollution sources. But we never think of how much-polluted air we breathe inside our house. Surprisingly, this is the pertinent issue that hardly anybody talks about. But this is the truth that polluted indoor air is more hazardous than polluted outside air because indoor polluted air doesn’t get a chance to escape. This makes a good reason to buy an air purifier.
Pollutants which creates indoor pollution
- Use of deodorants and talcum powder
- Harmful gas emission from air conditioner and refrigerators
- Insect repellent
- Detergent powder and toilet cleaner
- Emission of hydrocarbon from camphor and incense sticks
Factors which decide the selection of an air purifier
If you want to buy an air purifier then there are certain criteria that you must adhere to before buying an air purifier. There are several models of different brands are available in the market with a wide range of prices. So your basic purpose should be to go for an air purifier that fulfills your need at a relatively lower price means which gives you the best value for your money.
There are certain factors that you should bear in mind before buying an air purifier.
- Air filters
- ACH rating
- Room size
- Noise level
The air filter is the most important factor which affects the quality of air purifier the most. Different types of filters and technology are used in different types of brands. Most important is HEPA filter technology in the case of air purifiers.
|Electrostatic Air Purifiers||
|Activated carbon filter||
Price is the other important factor that a buyer should look into before buying a product. You will find products with almost similar features but a big difference in price. This is due to the higher brand value of some products. Brands like Carrier, Havells, Dyson are having higher brand value whereas a lot of brands with comparatively lower values are available in the market. You can understand this difference by the example of Samsung and Redmi smartphones. Redmi smartphones with similar features to Samsung phones are available at a very lower price in the market.
So you have to choose whether you want to go for a higher brand value product by spending more or you just want features. I have recommended the 9 best air purifier in India sequence wise which will give you the best value for your money.
What is CADR
CADR is the word which you will find mentioned in every air purifier specification label. You must understand the meaning of CADR before buying an air purifier.
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. CADR is expressed in Cubic feet per minute or cubic meter per hour. In other words, this rating indicates how fast a particular air purifier can clean the air within a particular size of the room.
This means, the higher the CADR rating, the faster it will clean your indoor air. But CADR should not be confused with the cleaning capability of an air purifier, to know the cleaning capability of an air purifier you should check its filtration technology. CADR is the power of the fan of an air purifier which means a purifier with a higher CADR rating will have higher fan power to cover a large size room.
ACH rating is the other important feature which you should bear into mind while going for an air purifier. ACH stands for ‘air changes per hour’. It means how many times an air purifier can replace the entire room air or recycle room air within an hour. So higher the ACH rating, the more fresh air you breathe.
If you have understood the meaning of CADR and ACH rating correctly, then it is very easy for you to understand why it is very important to know the size of your room before going for an air purifier. You should check the coverage area of a purifier to know its suitability for your room. The coverage area should be equal to or higher than the room size.
The warranty of the product is another factor which you should bear in mind. Normally every brand gives a warranty of a minimum of one year on manufacturing defects but some brands like Coway are giving 5 years warranty time also.
Warranty time given by a company indicates how much the company itself believes in the reliability of its product. So if a company gives a higher warranty period, it is a clear indication of better quality inherence in the product.
The noise level depends on the fan speed of a purifier. Higher the fan speed, the higher will be noise level.
With the rapid degradation in air quality particularly in urban areas, the air purifier has become a necessity today rather than a luxury. An old proverb is ‘Health is wealth’. You spend money on the washing machine, refrigerators, ACs, etc which are not directly related to our health. So it is better to invest 10-20K in an air purifier to improve your room air which ultimately improves your family health.
If you still have any doubts or want to ask any questions regarding air purifiers, please do write in the comment box below.