Sewing is a great skill and creativity which allows you to express yourself in different ways. A sewing machine is your most important creative tool. It doesn’t matter at what level you are, be it a beginner, hobbyist, sewist or expert you should always buy the best Sewing Machine which can satisfy your needs. But, before you go for buying a sewing machine, you must know which is the best sewing machine in India as buying a sewing machine is a one-time investment for average middle-class Indians.
To find the best sewing machine in India is a tough job as a lot of sewing machine models with different brands are available in the market. But don’t worry, I will provide you the comprehensive buying guide and best sewing machine in India with price by going through which you will be able to choose the best sewing machine as per your need. But before you go through the buying guide let’s have a look at 7 best sewing machine in India.
|Sewing Machine||Type Of Sewing Machine||No. Of Stitches||Warranty||Best for||Buy Now|
|Brother FS 101 Sewing Machine||Computerized||100||1 Year||Professionals, Fashion designers||Check Price At Amazon|
|Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine||Electric||23||2 Years||Professional, Heavy tailoring work||Check Price At Amazon|
|Singer Promise 1408 Auto Zig Zag Sewing Machine||Electric||8||2 Years||Beginners||Check Price at Amazon|
|Usha Janome Dream Stitch||Electric||7||2 Years||Beginners||Check Price At Amazon|
|Usha Janome Wonder Stitch||Electric||13||2 Years||Hobbyist, Beginners||Check Price At Amazon|
|Singer 8280 Sewing Machine||Electric||7||2 Years||Fashion designing, Beginners||Check Price at Amazon|
|HNESS Portable Sewing Machine||Electric||7||--||Home tailoring||Check Price At Amazon|
- 7 Best Sewing machine In India
- 1.Brother FS 101 Computerized Sewing Machine
- 2.Singer 4423 Heavy-Duty Electric Sewing Machine
- 3.Singer Promise 1408 Auto Zig Zag Sewing Machine
- 4.Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 5.Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 6. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
- 7.HNESS Multipurpose Portable Electric Sewing Machine for home tailoring
- Sewing Machine Buying Guide
- Best sewing machine Brands in India
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Further reading
7 Best Sewing machine In India
1.Brother FS 101 Computerized Sewing Machine
Brother is the most decorative and well-known brand in sewing machines worldwide. This USA based company mostly use Japanese technology in their sewing products. If you are a professional and want to take premium work in sewing than this Brother product has a lot to offer to enhance your creativity at an affordable price. Let’s have a look at some of its wonderful features that make this sewing machine the best sewing machine in India.
- Sewing speed: 850 SPM( stitches per minutes)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Stitch width: 7 MM(Max)
- Weight: Around 7 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 100
Features which make this product a must-buy
- This sewing machine is equipped with an LCD display which clearly shows you important stitch information such as stitch width, stitches length and type of pressure foot require.
- It has 100 inbuilt stitches and 55 alphanumeric stitches including buttonhole stitches which helps you to enhance your creativity and design from a wide range of stitches varieties available.
- This sewing machine is equipped with a fast bobbin winder. its simple winder system allows you to wind your bobbin instantly with a simple push-button.
- It is equipped with an automatic needle threader. it means the thread is looped in the needle hole automatically by a push button. It not only saves you valuable time but also protect your eyes from strain.
- Another important feature is the presser foot level button. you just press a push-button and presser foot will be leveled as per width of fabric automatically.
- This sewing machine offers a superior stitch quality on a wide range of fabric weight by 7 point feeding for which extra teeth have been provided for a smooth feeding action.
- It has been provided with a 1 step buttonhole system. For this, you have to just attach the buttonhole foot and rest will be taken care of by machine.
- This machine is equipped with an LED sewing light. This bright LED light provides a clear view of your sewing area.
2.Singer 4423 Heavy-Duty Electric Sewing Machine
The singer is one of the most trusted and recognizable brands in the sewing machine segment. This is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. This sewing machine has been designed for heavy and bulky fabric projects for professionals. With 1100 Spm this sewing machine is bliss for professionals. Our research team has adjudged this product as the best electric sewing machine in India. Let’s have a look at its wonderful feature which make this sewing machine one of the best sewing machine in India.
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Stitching speed: 1100 SPM
- Stitch width: 6 MM
- Weight: 6.8 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 23
- This machine comes with 23 inbuilt stitches with an automatic 1 step buttonhole that makes it the best heavy duty sewing machine in India. Inbuilt stitch includes 6 basic stitches, 4 stretch stitches, 12 decorative stitches. This provides a lot of variety to show your creativity and skill.
- Another important feature is a top drop-in bobbin facility. It makes easy to remove and fit bobbin as compare to bottom feeding.
- It is equipped with an inbuilt needle threader which allows a thread to be looped in needle hole automatically. It not only save your time but also prevents eye strain.
- It has been equipped with a heavy motor which results in a fast stitching speed of around 1100 SPM. It helps in finishing the job very fast.
- It has been provided with a pressure foot press controller which allows the stitching of lightweight to heavy fabric easily by adjusting the pressure foot pressure.
- Another important feature is the automatic reverse stitching. It automatically stitches in reverse and reinforces automatically.
3.Singer Promise 1408 Auto Zig Zag Sewing Machine
The singer is a very famous brand in the Indian sewing machine market. This company was established in 1851 by sir Issac Merritt Singer. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certifies company. This singer product contains almost all the basic features to take up any tailoring or design project which makes this machine a buying option for a beginner, hobbyist as well as professional. This is best sewing machine in India for home use. Let’s go through some of its unique features that make this product the best sewing machine in India.
- Sewing speed: 800 SPM( stitches per minutes)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Weight: 4.9 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 8
- This sewing machine is equipped with 8 inbuilt stitches which include 1 decorative, 1 buttonhole and 6 basic stitches pattern.
- This machine is provided with a buttonhole stitch which caters to auto buttonhole in 4 easy steps.
- It is been provided with a heavy-duty metal frame which enhances its durability.
- It is been provided with an extra high presser foot lifter. This feature more clearance when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the pressure foot.
- Another feature provided is a free arm design feature that caters to circular stitching such as arm, collar, cuff or pant hems.
- It is being provided with accessory storage where the accessories can be stored easily in the removable storage compartment.
- In this sewing machine, you need not adjust stitch length and width every time you start the sewing machine. So it is easy to start a sewing machine.
4.Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
When it comes to a sewing machine, Usha brand need not any introduction. This is the most common household name in India. This Usha Janome sewing machine is best for beginners as this is the most cost-effective sewing machine with some wonderful features. If you are switching from a mechanical sewing machine to an electrical sewing machine then this sewing machine is the best choice for you. Let’s have a look at its features and specifications which make this product the best sewing machine in India.
- Sewing speed: 550 SPM( stitches per minutes)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Stitch width: 4 MM
- Weight: Around 7 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 7
- This Usha Janome product offers you 7 inbuilt stitches including buttonhole and 14 applications which include lace fixing, quilting, smocking, and roll hamming.
- One important feature provided in this low-cost sewing machine is quilting which can be facilitated by an extra lift of the foot.
- This is a compact free arm zigzag machine which makes it easy to stitch quilts.
- It has been provided with Auto tripping option which ensures that tread is secured around the bobbin while sewing.
- It has been provided with Inbuilt Sewing Light which facilitates working in dim light also.
5.Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Usha is a well-known name for sewing machine brands in every Indian home. This model from Usha Janome is a perfect choice for those taking their first step in their creative journey. Let’s have a look at its wonderful features which make this product one of the best sewing machine in India.
- Sewing speed: 860 SPM( stitches per minutes)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Stitch width: 5 MM
- Weight: 6.72 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 13
- This sewing machine comes with automatic needle threader which automatically loops the thread into the needle hole. It saves not only your valuable time but also prevents eye strain.
- It has been equipped with 13 built-in stitches and 21 different applications which include four-step buttonholing, blind stitch hemming, rolled hemming, zip fixing, and button fixing, etc.
- It has been provided with liver type feed drop which smoothens the embroidery progress.
- Sewing light is the other important feature that gives an option of sewing even in a low light scenario.
- It has been provided with a carrying handle which makes this sewing machine easy to carry from one place to another.
- It has been provided with Tripple strength stitches which means it stitches three times as compared to a mechanical sewing machine. This results in better strength of stitches.
6. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
If sewing is your hobby and you want to enhance your creativity than this Singer sewing machine is a better option for you for safe and fuss-free sewing. This is a lightweight portable easy to use sewing machine which contains all features from home tailoring to fashion designing. Let’s discuss its specifications and tremendous features that make this product the best sewing machine in India.
- Sewing speed: 800 SPM( stitches per minutes)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Weight: 7 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 7
- Stitch width: 5 mm
- This sewing machine has been provided with 7 inbuilt stitches including a buttonhole with 24 stitch functions which allow you to expand your creativity and explore new ideas.
- It has been equipped with a free arm design feature which allows circular stitching such as arm, cuff, collar and pant hems.
- You can adjust stitch length and width with just the turn of a dial. It prevents bunching of fabric.
- Another good feature provided in this sewing machine is variable needle positions. It facilitates different needle positioning for different projects.
- Its internal skeleton is made of heavy metal which increases its durability.
7.HNESS Multipurpose Portable Electric Sewing Machine for home tailoring
HNESS is a UK based company that is a well-known brand in the sewing machine category. This HNESS sewing machine is a very low-cost sewing machine which is the ultimate solution for common home tailoring needs. This is the best mini sewing machine in India. If you are looking for a low-cost sewing machine only to fulfill your daily home tailoring needs then this sewing machine can be the best option for you. Let’s have a look at its some of the tremendous features that make this sewing machine the best sewing machine in India for home tailoring.
- Warranty: N/A
- Stitch width: Adjustable
- Weight: 5 Kg
- Inbuilt stitches: 7
- This sewing machine comes with 7 types of stitching patterns that means you can stitch in 7 different styles. This feature is pretty handy at such a low cost.
- It is also equipped with an inbuilt LED light which is very useful when sewing dark color fabrics or in dim light situations.
- It is been provided with free arm design. This feature is very useful for circular stitching like arm stitching, cuff, collar, or pant hems stitching.
- The biggest feature of this sewing machine is that it is dual-mode operated. It means it can be operated electrically as well as on battery.
- It is being equipped with a protective transparent backplate that protects your finger from needle injury.
- The biggest benefit is that this is very lightweight making it the best portable sewing machine in India.
Sewing Machine Buying Guide
Sewing is a craft that gives immense pleasure and joy. Different people sew with different purposes. Somebody take up sewing as a hobby, some people take up it as a profession and others sew for fashion designing. So it is important to know the best sewing machine which fulfills your requirements. There was a time when sewing was considered as the stitching of wearable clothes only, but nowadays it has become a symbol of creativity. You must have seen the Bollywood movie ‘Sui-Dhaga’. The gist of the movie was that you can do wonder if you have the creativity and proper tool i.e. sewing machine.
A fashion designer can’t explore his creativity fully with a simple mechanical sewing machine. The same way a costly computerized electronic sewing machine is of no use for a beginner or for home tailoring needs. In other words, we can say ‘Right sewing machine for the right job’ is the need of the hour. So in this article, I am going to tell which points should you keep in mind before buying a sewing machine.
Things to look out before choosing a sewing machine
- Your sewing experience or skill
- Your budget
- Quantity of job
- Features of sewing machine
- Machine’s compactness and portability
The first and foremost thing that decides which type of sewing machine you should purchase is your sewing skill or your experience. You may be a beginner, hobbier, expert, or professional. Different types of sewing machines are available in the market for different purposes. If you are a beginner and go for a computerized sewing machine that doesn’t make any sense. The same way a simple mechanical sewing machine has no use for a fashion designer.
So now, it is clear to you which machine should you buy as per your skill or experience. But the other factor on which your selection of sewing machine depends is your budget. If you are an expert then there are sewing machines under 15-20K which can serve your purpose. On the higher end, you can go up to 60-70K with a little bit enhancement of features.
It is like buying a Redmi and Apple iPhones. Redmi mobiles can do 90-95% of what an Apple iPhone does. But for rest 5% you have to spend a double or triple amount of money.
We have suggested above a comprehensive list that includes the best sewing machine in India under 5000, best sewing machine in India under 10000, and the best sewing machine in India under 15000. You can go for any one as per your budget affordability.
Quantity of job
This is another factor which you should keep in mind. If your quantity of job is small like home tailoring or you want to buy a sewing machine that can fulfill your daily home tailoring needs than you should not go for a high-end sewing machine. Instead, A low-cost home tailoring sewing machine will be a better option in that case. But if you are a professional than a heavy-duty sewing machine will be a better option.
Features of sewing machine
The feature of a product is the most important factor which delights the customer. In the case of a sewing machine specially, electrical and computerized sewing machine, you will find a lot of typical features that are hard to understand for a beginner. So to make you understand, I am listing below those features with their meaning in simple language.
- Automatic button holder: This feature is very useful for creating buttonholes with just turn of a dial without changing fabric position.
- Needle position adjustment: It helps in changing needle position asper stitching requirements.
- Automatic needle threader: It helps in automatically loop the thread into the needle hole.
- Automatic thread cutter: It cut the unwanted threads around the sewing area with the help of a push-button.
- Adjustable pressure foot: Adjustable pressure foot helps in adjusting the pressure to be applied by pressure foot as per types of fabric i.e. heavy or light.
- Top loading bobbin: This feature is found on a high-end machine. It allows dropping the bobbin into the top of the sewing machine without feeding.
- Knee lifter: It allows the user to lift pressure foot while hands are engaged in holding the fabric.
- Adjustable speed control: This feature is useful while stitching together different fabrics. It allows speed control as per sewing requirements.
Portability and compactness
Portability is another important factor as it gives the opportunity to work while away from home or your working area. If a machine is lightweight that means you can carry it easily while going from one place to another. It will not hamper your job progress. But lightweight machines are less durable as they are mostly made of plastic.
Warranty is nothing but insurance of your product for a particular time period. Most importantly, the warranty period reflects the manufacturer’s belief in the reliability and quality of the product. In other words, the higher the manufacturer warranty better will be the quality and reliability.
Best sewing machine Brands in India
Before you rush to buy a sewing machine it is also important to know which is the best sewing machine brands in India or top sewing machine brands in India. Here we have shortlisted best sewing machine brands in India based on their popularity, buying trends on e-commerce platforms, expert reviews, and performance.
1. Usha Janome
Usha Janome basically Usha international limited is the largest Indian sewing machine company with a market share of almost 50% in the organized sector. In 2010 Usha has tied itself with famous Japanese sewing machine company Janome making it the most valuable sewing machine company in India.
Founded in 1935, Usha International Ltd, is one of India’s leading consumer durable companies with sales of over Rs 1010 crores (US$ 225 million) in 2010 and a truly Pan-Indian brand footprint. It is manufacturers of various household items like fans, sewing machines, water coolers, room heaters, cooking appliances, and agriculture products. It has four manufacturing units, 60,000 customer touchpoints, 16 location offices, 33 warehouses, 60 company outlets in 43 cities, 72 fully equipped authorized service centers, and 600 sewing schools.
Founded in 1921, Janome Sewing Machine Co. Ltd is a Japanese company that is the leading manufacturer of domestic sewing machines worldwide.
The products of Usha Janome are easy to use and are within an increasingly acceptable price range. Usha Janome products include various types of sewing machines like automatic zig zag sewing machine, industrial heavy duty sewing machine, memory craft, and straight stitch sewing machine. Experts have included a lot of their products in the top 10 sewing machine in India.
This company was established in the year 1851 by Sir Isaac Merritt Singer. Singer company has been a pioneer in manufacturing and selling sewing machines for 176 years. The company created its foothold in India in the year 1871 and has since been synonymous with sewing and stitching across the country.
This company was acquired by the Indian sewing machine company limited in 1977. After that company was renamed as Singer India Limited.
The singer is the second-largest manufacturer of sewing machines in India. Its products include automatic zig zag sewing machines, computerized sewing machines, embroidery sewing machines mechanical sewing machines, and straight stitch sewing machines.
The Company has presence across India through its Showrooms, Shops and Dealers/Distributors, and after-sales service network. This Company also exports sewing machines in various foreign countries.
Brother company is the most recognized sewing machine company worldwide. This company has its presence in most countries. Brother is known to produce high end computerized sewing machines.
A Japanese company founded in 1908, Brother has 17 production sites and 52 sales companies operating in 44 countries in different regions today. Brother International (India) Pvt. Ltd. Incorporated in 2006 operates with fully integrated sales, marketing, and service capabilities. Brother head office is located in Mumbai and currently has 5 showrooms in Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata & Lucknow.
It services its customers through 15 warehouses nationally. Brother is now a leading brand that produces quality innovative products for the print and imaging, labeling, and sewing markets.
Brother manufacture industrial sewing machines, highly professional embroidery machine and home sewing machines. for more information on their product: brother.in
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Question: Which is the best oil for the sewing machine?
Answer: If you lubricate and clean regularly you can use any oil. But a particular sewing machine oil or mineral oil is recommended.
Question: Why a sewing machine is to be oiled? What happens if we don’t oil a sewing machine?
Answer: Oiling was a normal routine in older mechanical sewing machines that use a wick type of system to run their gears continuously. However, nowadays newer computerized models come with self-lubricating techniques. So they need not oiling. You just clean the bobbin area and under the feed dogs.
Question: Does mini sewing can work as a regular sewing machine?
Answer: It depends on what project you are working on. Although mini portable sewing machines are powerful enough, they can’t be used on a heavy and bulky project.